Saturday, November 29, 2014

Blogmas! (I Need YOUR Help!)

     As December is right around the corner, many bloggers are planning to participate in Blogmas! I don't celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah actually. But I was thinking of still doing holiday themed blog posts, and on the 8 days of Hanukkah write about what it is and different things about Jewish culture. What do you think? Comment below!

     Hanukkah this year (the date varies every year) is from December 16 to the 24th, Chistmas Eve. Some years it's no where near Christmas, so I'm really excited! Last year part of Hanukkah fell during November ;/

     Blogmas, if you didn't know, is blogging everyday in December. I know some people blog until Christmas day, but I think i'll do the former. On YouTube, some participate in Vlogmas - vlogging every day in December or until Christmas Day. I'm really looking forward to Zoe, Alfie, Tanya, Jim, Marcus, and Ingrid's Vlogmas! If you know of any other YouTubers participating in Vlogmas leave them in a comment! Same goes for any bloggers you know that are taking part in Blogmas!

     As for the things I'll be writing during Blogmas, I need suggestions/requests! 31+ posts back to back is probably going to be a challenge, especially with school and things, so I'll need a plan. Please please please leave anything you have in mind below!

     So far I'm thinking:

  • a little bit about what Hanukkah is
  • foods we eat during Hanukkah
  • holiday decor (how my family decorates for the holidays)
  • this year's wish list
  • holiday gift ideas/crafts (last minute and general)
  • yummy holiday treats
  • new year resolutions (should I post that on 12/31 or 1/1?)

     Those are the ideas I have so far. If you have any idea, suggestion, anything at all please please tell me below! I love to read through comments. It brightens up my day knowing even just one person has read what I've created.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon.

*computer hug*


     

9 comments:

  1. This is really cool to do. Shall wait to see the different types of things on the days of Hanukkah.
    An idea came in mind of some traditions, clothing or things you may do leasing up to the days. They are suggestions, but I have no clue. Take Care. Excited once more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to learn more about Hanukkah from your blog, I don't know much about it! Post wise you could maybe do about Christmases you remember from childhood or the best Christmas presents you ever got?

    LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog theme, so classic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ideas! Awesome blog, love your style <3
    Stef xx

    http://indigo-inspiration.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really good idea and it'll be different from other blogs. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to post some ideas for everyones blogmas in a minute in beau bloggers

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...