Friday, July 10, 2015

It's Important to Talk

Hello loves <3

     Yesterday evening I decided to try and film a video on body image. As some of you may know, I've written about body image and the personal issues and experiences I have/have had with it. I thought that maybe I could branch out and make a YouTube video about it as well because I was able to get out what I wanted to say when I wrote those posts.

     So I turned the camera on and my mind went almost completely blank. In the past, I've written that I can't talk things out as well as I can write things out. I mean, the two are no where close. If I try to talk to someone about a problem I'm having or possibly need to confront someone about something they did, I'll go mute!

     But, I thought that because I wasn't talking to a person - in the flesh, I mean. I know that I'm talking to an audience when I film - it'd be just as easy as writing a blog post about it. NOPE (lol). My brain couldn't form words and I just got really emotional. I couldn't talk about it because I didn't know what to say and felt like I was making a fool of myself.

     Starting a YouTube channel was going to be my fresh start. A place where I could talk about anything and everything I wanted - just like my blog. But I thought that because I talk rather than write, creating videos would help me overcome my problem.

     It's hard to open up. More so for some than others. We all have our own personal things that we deal with and it doesn't make the situation better if you can't talk about it.

     Do any of you have tips? Tips on opening up, tips on being able to actually form sentences that will come out of my mouth when I'm talking (not in general, just when I'm talking about how I'm feeling or a conflict that I've been keeping inside)? Please share.

     Also, do any of you have this problem? Am I the only one who can't speak what I can type?

     It's important to talk. If you don't speak, everything is held inside. And the longer it's kept inside, the longer the build up will be till you explode out of stress, worry, and negativity. I don't want to explode! (lol again.) But seriously, I want to talk. I just can't.

     Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon,

*computer hug*

12 comments:

  1. I am/was exactly the same as this! i could never talk to anyone but instead of my mind going completely blank like you said it would race 1000x a second so i couldn't form complete sentences. One thing that did help me was not actually talking face to face with someone but instead emailing/texting them! It is so much easier because you can actually spend time to think about what you are writing and then as soon as you start texting/emailing someone it then forms face to face conversations with them for when you see them! When filming a video it might be an idea to just speak what you would write in a post? or write down what you would say if it was going into a blog post then just read it out loud in front of the camera?

    I Hope this helps and you can always email me if you need advice or someone to talk to! I will always try my best to give you the best advice i can!
    I hope this helps a little?
    Just Another Girl xxx
    http://heyjustanothergirlonline.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That warmed my heart up so much. Thank you BUNCHES! I will definitely try your brilliant ideas. You have no idea how much it means to me that you took the time to read and reply. That means the world.

      Harel x

      Delete
  2. So very true. But I have the same problem, and thought of this problem too. Rather than face to face, I found that I listen to music or sing words much better. Allowing my confidence to build. If I were to talk in front of a camera or to someone, i would have a headphone in, with my favourite tune. For videos, also I would use words like on screen. However, just taking breathes, and editing can put together so much words. Take time, meditate and take your time. Add a little encourage from words, or on the net as you said with body image. Take your time, see what they say, how they act, or contact them. Same ideas, can help many.
    Anyway, sorry for the long in, but may this help you if so, and take care always. I wish I had much confidence to even talk in front of a camera for the first time. But, some will have to wait. Hope to view any of these posts, or vids soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being here, reading my posts and commenting such nice and thoughtful words. It means so much to me that you do so. And I hope to someday see your face when I click play on a video <3 Thank you for your wonderful advice and ideas.

      Delete
  3. I can never ever talk about my problems without stuttering and mind blanking and all that. I can cope with talking to a single person or small group of friends, but it's difficult with anyone else. I think that it's very easy to get caught up with all the bad things that could happen and get carried away with the fact they will. I've rambled on a bit more than I'd expected but I want to agree with everything the latest comments havery said, apart from this, and these are my own tips.,, always remember that preparation is key and you won't be perfect at it at first, but if you try hard enough, you will be rewarded x
    ~ basicallychloe x
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com
    hope you are okay x and I look forward to finding out how you get on with the while youtube situation x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, chloe! thanks for sharing your personal experience <3 and thank you for caring! x

      Delete
  4. OMG,this post made me cry and smile in the same moment.I found myself in it so much,almost like I wrote it.It really touched my heart.I love your blog and this post.It is so true and amazing .I am so glad i found you because this is the best thing I've seen in blogging world for a while :)
    Feel free to e-mail me if you ever need anything ,I would love to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I really appreciate it :)x You have no idea how much that means to me!

      Delete
  5. I struggle too but with the fact I can talk about things but not write about them. It's different depending on the topic but a lot of the time it's just about developing more confidence in what you're saying. Don't force your self to talk about something if you're not ready or it upsets you. Find a time when you feel like you 100% know what to say and that may take time but it'll be very helpful to others when the advice is true and honest to you. Hope one day you can make that video, I'd love to see it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such incredible advice. It means so much that you took the time to read and reply. And I will definitely wait till I'm completely comfortable, thank you, Erin xx -Harel

      Delete
  6. It's normal to be nervous or shy or to simply not know what to say. I think that it may be because you're talking to a camera and not a person. It feels strange and a little more intmidating that way. I have some tips that may help you out.
    1. Dress your camera up! Stick a drawn face ontop and drape it with material and glitter. The silliness may make you laugh and feel much more comfortable.
    2. Pretend that you're audience is right infront of you, hanging onto your every word and actually interacting with you.
    3. Take a deep breath, pull out your best 'it's all ok and sunshine and rainbows' acting skills and press record.

    I hope that something works out for you because I would 100% love to watch your videos,
    Peace xo


    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've never thought of those tips on my own - it means so much that you took the time to give me that advice. I will try filming with those in mind :)xxx

      Delete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...