Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 | Spotify Playlists

Hello!

 As I said in my last post, I was thinking of creating monthly Spotify playlists to show my music favorites rather than monthly item favorites. So, I have created my first music playlist of the new year!

 I think I will post my playlists on my blog towards the end of each month, because I will be adding music as the month goes on. I thought I'd go into depth on some of the songs that have some meaning behind them; I hope you enjoy! Here is my January 2016 playlist:

Full Circle | Quinn XCII
The Rain | Aer
Gold | Years and Years
King - Acoustic | Years and Years
Love Yourself | Justin Bieber
Here - 2:00 AM Version | Alessia Cara
The Girl - Acoustic | City and Colour
Bloodstream | Ed Sheeran
Heartstrings | Leighton Meester
Loneliness | SIAM
Safe & Sound | Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars
End of the Day | One Direction
Electric Love | BØRNS
Breezeblocks | alt-J
I Hate U I Love U | Gnash ft. Olivia O'Brien
Hollow | Tori Kelly ft. Big Sean
Camouflage | Selena Gomez
Raise Your Glass | Dena Deadly
Dream | Imagine Dragons
Dopamine | BØRNS


The Rain | Aer - My neighbor drives me to school every morning and she has the best music taste. Her music is so good that I've created playlist strictly for songs that play in her car. You can listen to it here! Anyway, when I heard this song I instantly fell in love with it. 

King - Acoustic | Years and Years - I'm a very, very big fan of Years and Years, so when I discovered there was an acoustic version for King, I freaked. It's so gentle, pure, and definitely carries a lot of meaning. I've noticed that I interpret the meaning of lyrics more when listening to the acoustic version of songs.

The Girl - Acoustic | City and Colour - You may know that a couple months ago I finished the show One Tree Hill. It was without a doubt one of the best shows ever. This song was performed by City and Colour live for one the episodes and because I love the show and characters so much, this song holds a special place in my heart. Again, I love acoustic songs!

Bloodstream | Ed Sheeran - I listened to this song for the first time while in Israel after shuffling Troye Sivan's Sweet Stuff playlist. I love it.

Loneliness | SIAM - This song played when I shuffled one of Jack Baran's playlists. I think the lyrics are really special and are quite deep. They kind of made me reflect on modern day society. Plus, Jack has some of the best music taste.

Electric Love | BØRNS - Garrett Borns is probably my favorite artist in January (apart from Charlie Puth, who just came out with a new album that you must listen to!). Electric Love is such a good song to try and sing. Notice I say "try" because I have no clue how he hits those high notes so perfectly.

Dream | Imagine Dragons - My friends and I had a Star Wars marathon earlier this month because I had never seen any of the previous movies and boy am I a HUGE fan now!! I stayed up all night watching Star Wars vines and edits. My absolute favorite was an edit of Anakin and Padmé with this song playing in the background. Every time I watch it, I end up crying. Both the scenes included in the edit and the song itself add up to so much emotion. So, naturally, I played the song on repeat for days on end. Star Wars is such a beautiful and intricate saga. If you haven't watched any of the movies, I definitely recommend them!

Dopamine | BØRNS - Another favorite form Garrett's album. The chorus is really fun to sing in the shower, lol. It also reminds me of learning about neurotransmitters in Psychology ;)


 I love this playlist so much and can't wait to make more! I think creating playlists for any time of the year, feeling, event, etc. not just a specific month, is a great way to express yourself through a unique outlet: music. I can come back to this playlist later and be reminded of January 2016's events. I've already started my February 2016 compilation :) If you want to follow me on Spotify, my username is harel00. 

 Let me know if you have a Spotify or any playlists you want me to listen to!! Also, if you listen to any of these songs, tell me what you think in the comment section!

XOXO
Harel

17 comments:

  1. I love Bloodstream! and I had no idea Leighton Meester made music?! Definitely going to check it out, I love her in Gossip Girl! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either until I found this song, haha! She has a beautiful voice though, very soothing. I LOVE Gossip Girl; Leighton is an amazing actress. Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  2. Bloodstream is such a beautiful song! I've nominated you in the blogger recognition award if that's something you're interested in doing now :)

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/the-blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!.. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great content material as well as great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. I will be back soon for further quality contents. buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  10. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you. buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  11. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. acim podcast

    ReplyDelete
  12. You understand your projects stand out of the crowd. There is something unique about them. It seems to me all of them are brilliant. Buy Spotify Plays

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is too much amazing. I have found with ease what I was looking. Moreover, the content quality is awesome. Thanks for the nudge! Spotify Premium Mod APK

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was simply worthful, Got something good today, I will request you to keep writing and sharing with your reader. Your reader will upvote which in return a reward for you.
    I will book mark so that I don’t miss anything in future.
    AFK Arena tier list of all the heroes of the game. The ratings are split into different levels of characters. Each character is rated based on its usefulness in various types of content. It includes PvE, PvP, a Maze, 2 Guild Bosses, and the Labyrinth (relic content).
    Heroes are divided into different lists based on their strength at certain levels. This varies significantly due to the enhancement of skills. Descriptions of all abilities are also summarized properly; read ahead!
    Read more about afk arena secrets of the forest guide

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  16. New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. shadoe

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Expression

     I find it funny how it has taken me 40 minutes just to customize the template, choose the text colors, and search endlessly for a pict...